Thursday, June 30, 2011

Masquerade Finale

I had to be going nearly 200mph on the bike.  I could have used my celerity but I needed to save my energy.  Besides according to Jamie, even other Brujah would be looking for me... older, stronger Brujah. I had come in to find Jamie sitting on the couch, a solemn look on her face.

"They want you dead," she said, "You should run."

She wasn't aware of why, and at first I was offended when she discouraged me from fighting for my life and when she didn't offer to help.  However her reasoning was correct: the only chance for survival was to run.


I made the mistake of letting my thoughts, memories of this second life flood my mind and my bike cake to a screeching halt.  I held on tight and managed to stay on the bike, however I was floored at what I saw once I stopped: Jeremy. He was clad in black leather and was standing beside some bubbly pink-haired girl. His expression an expectant smirk, he chuckled under his breath.  Sensing something was amiss, I treaded lightly.

"Jeremy?"

"Carmen! Surprised?"

"Jeremy... I'm so sorry.. I didn't want you to see me.."

"What?  As a filthy Brujah?  Hah! Carmen I know all about your kind. My sire wasn't too happy about being forced to turn me early, but she felt it best.  You've pissed off the wrong Tremere, Carmen."

I started to reach for my sword, being the only weapon I had, but a sudden surge of pain shot through every cell in my body.  I dropped down and contorted in pain.  The girl giggled and Jeremy cracked his knuckles.

"I'm only just begining to learn the fun things I can do with thaumaturgy.  It'll be nice to have someone to play with."

Click for larger size

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up with an aching body that was unable to move, my back resting on cold, hard porcelain.  A bathtub.

"I hear your sire found you suicidal in the bathtub," Jeremy said softly.
"She should have left you," he said, then closed the door.  I opened my eyes as much as I could to see the sun begining to rise through large windows.

"My last sunrise," I thought.

Click for larger size

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Great job Panda. I really like the last picture. The scene outside the window is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete