Was on the phone with mom this morning and we decided that next year we are going to the beach together. Just us. She has never been. We also want to fly there together because she has also never flown. So incredibly excited!! Wanted to make a post with a list of things I can't wait for mom to experience at the beach. They may sound boring, but to me it's just simple pleasures at a world away from home/work.
1. Sleeping with the sliding glass door to the balcony at least partially open so you can hear the waves.
2. Chilling on the balcony at night (perhaps with a drink) just staring at the ocean.
3. Eating breakfast at some weird but cute themed cafe. (example the Lost Dog cafe at folly beach)
4. Not eating at a single huge chain restaurant.
5. Looking for interesting sea shells after the tide.
6. Eating or drinking at the hotel restaurant and complaining about how overpriced the food was.
7. Having frizzy beach hair and not caring.
Anything I should add to the list for my mom's first visit to the ocean?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone